It is time for another update. The last few weeks have seen a few changes in some areas of ministry but not a long term solution from the Lord. He has however answered a few questions for me personally and provided a place for us to serve as interim for the time being. Here in West Tennessee the tale tell signs of Fall are all around me as the trees show their colors and the leaves fall to the ground. The coolness of the air lets us know that change is on the way. I pray that wherever you are in the world, you are blessed by the Father and that you will reflect on all of the things you have to be thankful for. Now, here are a few items which you may find to be of interest regarding my ministry update.
- The most significant item is connected to the photo used for this article. A few weeks ago (late October) I was approached by the senior pastor of Antioch Baptist Church to come and help them with leading worship while they go through the process of seeking a new music minister. Even though I have not served in such a capacity in many years, they have asked me to stay on as interim until year’s end. Pray for them as they seek to fill some needed staffing positions and for me to be a blessing to them while I am there.
- I also had an opportunity to share about our missions activities and encourage giving for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering at Antioch in November.
- I had an awesome opportunity to get together with some old friends and sing again as the Kindred Spirits southern gospel quartet. We traveled to South Fulton, Tennessee to do this and shared music and encouragement with a seniors group there.
- I have had opportunities to meet with a dear friend, Mike Kemper, to discuss ministry and life after IMB. Mike is a trusted friend and I really enjoy my coffee breaks with him. I also deeply respect his advice.
- I also had an opportunity to travel to Savannah, Tennessee to visit again with my friend, Wes Franklin, to talk about life and love of Christ.
- Dawn and I had an opportunity to share about missions with a group at Fellowship Baptist Church near Milan, Tennessee. We did this is October.
- We also had an opportunity to share with a women’s Mission Circle group in Trenton, Tennessee. They are a part of FBC Trenton.
- I had an opportunity to preach and share about missions at Calvary Baptist Church in Humboldt, Tennessee in October. Humboldt in my home town.
- I have also continued to review some ministry job sites online and talked to NAMB and the Texas SBC group. I have had additional telephone conversations with different ministry connections regarding my job search.
- I have had additional conversations with my home county DOM, Roger Stacy, about ministry and life after IMB. Roger is a good friend and is a good source of advice for me as I explore these new waters.
To my pastor and friends near me now and to those of you who encourage me from a distance, I sincerely appreciate it. As tme slips on, some have already started asking the questions about when are we going to do this or that. We are doing this and that “and” we are doing what is necessary to live while we also look steadfastly toward the Lord for a clear path into a long term ministry position. As I wrap this up, I do have a serious prayer need to tell you about. Please pray that we will remain healthy and have our needs met as we have now come to the end of all support and insurance from IMB. I know that God can provide for our needs even if He chooses to use the birds of the air to do so… yet, the prayers of concerned brothers and sisters are most welcomed. Thank you… amen.