I hope you have followed the writings in this blog category. If not, let me give you a summary… a few months ago, I felt compelled by God to explore using a model based upon the “I Am Second Movement” to start a process of discipling Roma men here in Brno. I have been doing this since last November and now we are in the process of expanding that initial group to include other groups… 3 new ones, in fact. These groups will be open to ladies and one group will be designed to reach out to young people in another city.
The long term goal that I have is to test this methodology in a broader sense and if the Lord blesses it, attempt to encourage a formal partnership between my organization and e3 Partners who are the parent organization of the “I Am Second Movement.” Indeed these discussions are already underway and I have been meeting with people from both organizations via Skype for a few months now. May the Lord’s will be done… amen.
I thought it might be good to give you a scaled down version of what our plan is so that you can better pray for us. Here is what we plan to do and are already in the beginning phases of starting:
- Saturate the whole process with prayer and diligent planning.
- Identify 3 teams of moderators / facilitators to lead our focus groups. The groups will be led by teams of 2 moderators each.
- Identify the type of groups to develop… for example: an open group geared towards middle aged to older people, a group focusing on women, and a group designed to target young people.
- The initial test period will be 3 months. After each month, we will sit with the moderators and evaluate what is going well and what needs to be improved.
- During the test period, we (Joe Silby and myself) will lead / model the methodology in the groups for the first month with the moderators present. The second month, the moderators will lead but we will be present as back up, so to speak. The third month, the groups will hold their last sessions without our presence. Each month will have 2 sessions per group.
- We will do our best to document as much data as possible concerning the 18 sessions to give a realistic report on how things went.
Well, that is the quick view and as we proceed, I will try to give you some meaningful updates. So, please be watching this particular blog for more information and most of all… pray that God will bless our efforts.