Today was a special day for me as I was able to fulfill a promise to my men’s discipleship group and present some of them with Bibles. At this point, I have about 4 to 5 men who have become faithful to these meetings. A few more come when they can but this group has a determination to study the Word together. It is rewarding to see them have such a level of commitment and today one of them mentioned that in his comments that it is better to study and share our thoughts with each other in a small group setting. Perfect! That is exactly what we are praying for… to develop a group which will multiply and begin 3 small groups from our 1.
Today we discussed how we can have confidence in the Bible for many reasons. We touched upon the following topics:
- The Bible has many verses which prophesied about events which can also be seen in other historical texts.
- The Bible has survived the efforts of communism and Roman rule to erase it from the earth.
- The finding of Dead Sea scrolls came along in recent history to verify the ancient texts and manuscripts. The event that led to the finding of these documents may seem to be coincidence to some but actually was an event orchestrated by God in His due time.
- Even though some say that the Bible is an irrelevant old book which does not apply to us in modern times, it is steadfast and true… non-wavering and dependable and indeed is a source of direction for our time.
- The Bible has been printed more than any book in history and is read / studied by presidents, doctors, professors, physicists and “the every day man” as well.
Afterward, we focused on the scriptures of James 1:19-27 which is rich with truth… truth to instruct us in how to discipline ourselves for good behavior and character… how to plant the seed of the scripture in our hearts… and how to exercise pure religion.
Yes, today was a good day as I witnessed a small group of men express their respect for and renewed commitment to study the Word of God. In the photo above, you see my friend and brother, Pavel K., discussing the scripture and how it is organized with one of our men. Thank you Lord Jesus for the gift of your Word which is… the story of yourself… amen.