Yesterday evening we had a few scattered showers around Brno and at one point a beautiful rainbow appeared over the city. As I looked at it, I immediately thought of the promise that God made to never destroy the world by water again. This caused me to also think of other promises that God has made to us as His adopted children. I think it is healthy to revisit scripture occasionally to consider how blessed we are. Here are just a few of the promises that He has made:
- I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth. – Genesis 9:11
- I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you with my eye upon you. – Psalm 32:8
- For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses. – Matthew 6:14-15
- If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. – 1 John 1:9
- because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame. – Romans 10:9-11
Just think about this for a moment… if a person will simply humble his or herself and believe the truth about Jesus, they will immediately be adopted into the family of the Creator of all that is. I am so thankful that in my life I made that decision to put my faith in the Lord Jesus. If you have never done this, I pray that you will soon because He can save you and bring you into the fold… amen.